Gibson Center Bus Service
COVID vaccination appointments are our highest priority. If you need a ride to the Mt. Washington Observatory/Memorial Hospital vaccination clinic, please call 603-356-3231 now to schedule your ride. We cannot guarantee availability due to social distancing on the bus that limits us to 3-4 people at any one time.
What We Do
We provide on-demand door-to-door transportation for seniors and disabled (and appropriate care-givers) in Conway, Bartlett, Madison, Eaton, Albany and Jackson for non-emergency medical, nutritional, employment and daily living needs.
The van generally runs Monday-Friday (except holidays or in inclement weather), from approximately 7:00 am – till approximately 2 pm. Check WMWV 93.5 FM, WMUR Channel 9 or www.gibsoncenter.org for cancellations.
How Much Does it Cost?
- We don’t charge a fee, but suggest an anonymous voluntary donation of $5 per trip.
- You may donate more, less, or not at all – it’s up to you to decide.
- We don’t “keep track” of individual accounts.
- You will be given a donation envelope to put directly into the locked donation box.
- Drivers are NOT allowed to take any tips or presents.
How Do I Get a Ride?
- Call 356-3231 (or TTY Relay 7-1-1) and speak with the receptionist. We schedule with 24-hour notice, but IF we can squeeze you in last minute, we will make every effort to do so. Our goal is to serve the greatest number of passengers within our budgetary constraints.
- Schedules may change daily, depending on requests, locations, seasonal traffic patterns, construction and other factors.
- Pick up and drop off time ranges may vary. There may be times when you have to wait. Please let us know ahead of time if you need to cancel or have any kind of change. We ask that you be ready for pick up at the agreed time range so that we can keep to our schedule and not inconvenience other riders.
- Medical appointments should be scheduled early in the morning. We have established a daily run to bring people here for lunch, and have certain days scheduled for shopping, etc.
What if I Need Assistance?
- The driver will assist you on/off and help secure seat belts (if needed).
- The driver must secure packages, boxes, bags, walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.
- The driver cannot enter a residence.
- You need to be able to carry your own items. The driver is not expected nor required to haul heavy packages or items, but may assist with light items.
- Passengers must be independently mobile (either on foot or in wheelchair), or travel with an attendant.
- The driver cannot act as a medical or physical attendant.
- The driver will load/unload wheelchair passengers and properly secure them.
- Your driveway/road must be safely accessible for our bus.
- All passengers MUST wear seat belts.
- NO smoking in vehicles.
- Per NH RSA, open alcoholic containers and alcohol consumption are not allowed. Closed/unopened alcoholic containers are ok if inaccessible.
- Only service animals (not pet, companion or therapy) are allowed in bus.
- Have a disability? Let us know ahead of time. We will work to accommodate you.
Medical Emergencies/Accidents/Acceptable Behavior:
- Upon joining the program, please list any medical conditions/medicines on the enrollment form. This will enable us to give the information to medical personnel in an emergency. In a medical emergency, the driver will stop the vehicle safely and call dispatch immediately with location and details. Dispatch will call 911 for assistance. The driver may administer first aid if necessary, only if trained (which is not required).
- In an accident or vehicle emergency: remain calm, follow the driver’s directions and assist if requested.
- Adequate personal hygiene and acceptable behavior are required. Anyone appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused service. Objectionable, abusive or threatening language and/or behavior will not be tolerated and will lead to suspension of service
Gibson Center for Senior Services Inc. will make reasonable modifications to its policies and procedures upon request. This information/brochure is available in alternative formats upon request. Gibson Center for Senior Services, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin in accordance with the Title VI Act of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Complaints may be directed to Executive Director of the Gibson Center, PO Box 655 N. Conway NH 03860. 603-356-3231, or [email protected]